Cardiologist Opportunity with the Veterans Affairs in Maine - Any State License
Inpatient and outpatient
A clinic in Maine is seeking a Cardiology Physician to provide quality patient care for a government locums assignment.
About the Job:
- Coverage Needed: As soon as credentialing is complete - 6 months (with option to extend)
- Schedule/Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Medical Setting: Mix of inpatient and outpatient
- Call Requirements: 1:4
- Volume: 6-12 patients per day on average
- Patient Ages: Adults
- Support Staff: Cardiology Nurse Practitioners, ED physicians, Hospitalist, inpatient residents, medical officer of the day (MODs), medical specialist, and a surgical specialist for cardiology inpatient consults
- EMR/Charting: EMR - CPRS
- Board Certification Requirements: Board Certified; Board Eligible
- Certifications Needed: ACLS; BLS; DEA
- Additional Requirements: U.S. Citizenship required; medical work experience in the United States in the specialty you are applying for, in the past 12 months, completion of U.S. residency training; any active unrestricted state license
About the Location:
- The capital of Maine, Augusta, is in the heart of the beautiful Kennebec Valley in Central Maine, just an hour from Portland. Visit historic downtown, where Victorian architecture lines Water Street and new restaurants and businesses have opened.
- Federal facilities such as Veteran Affairs, Indian Health Services and Tribal Facilities, have a diverse population that allow providers to connect with patients and other providers from different cultures and background while giving back to their community and country.
Your malpractice insurance is covered, and pending the contract, you will either receive a per diem for your travel and lodging or we will cover flight, rental car and lodging. Pay is on a weekly basis.
Please reference job # JN -072020-22713
Posted October 13, 2020