Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Uganda – Housing Provided
Kabale University School of Medicine (KABSOM)
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- Working with the academic staff of KABSOM, HVO volunteers will support the training of medical students and internal medicine interns. Volunteers will also work with internal medicine personnel to improve skills and knowledge, focusing on subspecialties identified by KABSOM.
- Assignment: 1-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Internal medicine – cardiology and noncommunicable diseases of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted if paired with an appropriate preceptor.
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified (active or retired) internists and internal medicine subspecialists
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic training, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, mentoring
- Housing: Housing provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; not suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019