Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Ghana – Housing Provided
Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH)
Health Volunteers Overseas
- Working with KATH faculty, HVO volunteers will increase the number and quality of trained anesthesia residents, nurse anesthetist staff, nurse anesthetist students, medical students and House Officers in Ghana by augmenting teaching and training for students and staff. HVO volunteers will collaborate and mentor faculty and student research projects. They will also work with local staff to improve operating room efficiency, utilization, patient safety and outcomes, and assist in the acquisition of anesthesia teaching and training materials.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Anesthesia – all topics
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted if paired with an appropriate preceptor.
- Qualifications: MD – current license required (unless retired); previous academic experience recommended
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, didactic instruction, education material development, mentoring, protocol development, research advising.
- Housing: Housing is provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; not suitable for children
Posted May 27, 2021