Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport - Trauma Surgeon - Full-time Academic Position
Inpatient and outpatient
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and LSU Health Science Center Shreveport seeks applicants for a trauma surgery position in the Department of Surgery.
- Must be BC/BE in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care/Trauma, eligible for active Louisiana Medical Licensure.
- Graduating Critical Care Fellows are welcomed to apply
- Position is for an Assistant or Associate Professor of Surgery.
- Strong commitment to an active teaching program, participation in research and scholarly activities, and clinical experience.
- Resources for basic and clinical research in trauma/critical care are available, with opportunities for collaborative clinical and basic science projects.
The LSU Health Sciences Center at Shreveport admits more than 2,600 patients to the Trauma Service each year, 25% of which are penetrating trauma. The trauma service also participates in the care of non-trauma acute surgical emergencies.
About the Community:
Shreveport is located in the northwest corner of Louisiana, 15 miles from Texas, and 185 miles directly east of Dallas on Interstate 20. Shreveport and its sister city across the Red River (Bossier City) have a population of just over 250,000. City amenities include a full-time symphony orchestra, minor league sports, riverfront aquarium, the American Rose Center, a full calendar of riverfront arts and music festivals, and much more. We enjoy the ambience of a smaller city and the resources of many larger metropolitan areas. Being located in extreme northwestern Louisiana, our climate is closer to that of Atlanta or Birmingham than to that of New Orleans. The low cost of living, pleasant climate, and excellent schools make Shreveport a wonderful place to raise a family.
Posted October 9, 2019