Home & Supportive Care Physician Assistant - WellMed Medical Group
A partner of the OptumCare network, WellMed Medical Group (WMG) is seeking a nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our Home & Supportive Care department in the Denton and surroudning areas. We are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Start doing your life’s best work.(sm) with the largest care delivery organization in the world.
- Practice with a multi-disciplinary team of health care providers that may include, but is not limited to, Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine Physicians, RN Case Managers, social workers, and clinic staff.
- Our model is designed to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a predominantly Medicare-aged population.
- Primarily manage care in the patient’s home; however, care may require an office or other facility setting depending on the needs of the patient.
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions.
- The APC will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases.
- Facilitates patient and family decision making regarding treatment decisions and end of life care and serious illness discussions.
- Prescribes pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
- Home health experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Posted June 9, 2021