Cardiovascular Critical Care in Academics & Research | University of Arizona
Banner - University Medical Center Tucson
Banner University Medical Center, a Top 5 Large Health System and one of the country's premier non-profit health care networks, is seeking an experienced cardiovascular intensivist to join a growing, hybrid CVICU, managing complex cardiothoracic surgical patients, transplants and devices, and advanced heart failure patients in a collaborative CCU/CVS team model. The qualified candidate will receive an academic appointment that is consistent with their credentials.
- BE/BC in pulmonary critical care, anesthesia critical care, cardiology critical care, surgical critical care, or emergency critical care
- Schedule: 7 on || 7 off, 12hr shifts
- The CTICU team supports 4 Cardiac Surgeons, 2 Thoracic Surgeons & 4 Vascular Surgeons
- Team comprised of medically and surgically trained intensive care specialists
- Position includes training and management of ECMO, balloon pumps and mechanical circulatory support, ventricular assist devices & transplantation
- Our quaternary referral center performs all cardiac, vascular, and thoracic procedures, including transplantation
- Desire to teach and mentor multi-disciplinary intensive care unit residents and fellows
The soul of the Sonoran Desert. The flavor of the Southwest. The peacefully blooming community of Tucson, Arizona is nestled within surrounding mountain views & the lush Sonoran Desert. With 350+ days of annual sunshine, it is easy to soak some sunny Vitamin D with championship golf courses, scenic hiking, cycling-friendly community, horseback riding, & daytrip fishing or kayaking. Selfcare enrichment abounds in refreshing spa resorts, art galleries, enriching culture & entertainment. Tucson was also designated a UNESCO City of Gastronomy with many exciting culinary adventures in our restaurant scene. With a population of slightly over 0.5 million, Tucson is a growing city with a college town feel that continues to boast an attractive cost of luxury living.
About Banner Health
You want to help lead change in the health care field – rather than just react to it. You want to spend your time doing what you do best – caring for patients. You belong at Banner Medical Group (BMG) and Banner – University Medicine Group (BUMG).As Banner Health's employed physician group with more than 1,300 physicians and advanced practitioners across more than 65 specialties, BMG, is transforming the delivery of care. This transformation can most clearly be seen in our Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) implementation. Through PCMH, we’re organizing care around patients, working in teams and coordinating and tracking care over time. The end result is the highest quality and most efficient delivery of patient care.For physicians working in their own practices, we have two different paths to lead you to a colorful career with Banner Health.We also offer faculty positions at Banner – University Medicine Center in partnership with the University of Arizona.
Posted June 20, 2022