Pediatric Rheumatologist Needed in Children's Hospital
Little Rock, AR
Arkansas Children's Hospital
Arkansas Children’s Hospital in Little Rock, Arkansas seeks a full-time board eligible/certified Pediatric Rheumatologist.
- Faculty appointment at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences at the Assistant or Associate Professor level practicing at Arkansas Children’s Hospital (ACH) in Little Rock, AR.
- Join 1 faculty and 2 APRN treating active patient base of more than 1050 children and receives approximately 900 patient referrals per year.
- Primary focus on pediatric clinical care, education, and clinical research.
- Ample opportunity to participate in and create collaborative multidisciplinary clinics.
- Exceptional hospital infrastructure with access to infusion room, psychology, and social work.
- Active involvement in educating medical students and residents with additional opportunity for leadership, educational outreach, and clinical research.
ARKANSAS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
- Only pediatric health system in Arkansas. With a population of 2.8 million, ACH is the major pediatric referral center for Arkansas serving children from birth to age 21.
- Staff consists of more than 500 faculty, 200 residents (95 pediatrics), and 4,400 support staff.
- As one of the largest children’s hospitals in the country, the ACH campus spans 36 city blocks and includes a 336-bed hospital, 3 intensive care units, a research institute, and a USDA-ARS nutrition center.
- Focused on excellence in child health, ACH is a MAGNET recognized hospital, a level 1 children’s surgery center, and is ranked in 4 specialties by US News and World Report.
- Little Rock metro area has a population range of 700,000
- The downtown River Market, South Main and Argenta (North Little Rock) areas provide a walking district for dining, shopping, sports, museums, libraries, night life, concerts, festivals and a host of other activities.
- Thriving community with many neighborhood options to suit a variety of lifestyles.
- Large enough to be culturally diverse and small enough to encourage a feeling of community.
About Arkansas Children's
We, at Arkansas Children’s, know that children aren’t little adults, and we’re creating innovative ways to care for them – from designing kid-savvy spaces where they enjoy receiving treatment to adapting the most rigorous safety standards to protect them and ensure they reach their potential. Our expert team is specially trained to deliver excellent care to seriously ill and critically injured children. Arkansas Children’s serves as the clinical and teaching affiliate for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Our promise: Unprecedented child health, defined and delivered.
Arkansas Children’s is a premier health care system with a 336-bed hospital in the state’s capital city and a second 24-bed hospital and campus in northwest Arkansas. Arkansas Children's Hospital is among the largest children's hospitals in the United States and is the only tertiary care facility for children in the state of Arkansas. ACH is ranked in 5 specialties by US News & World Report in addition to being a MAGNET-recognized hospital, a level 1 pediatric surgery center, and a center of excellence in pediatric sedation. ACH was also voted Best Place to Work in Arkansas for 2019 and 2020. Learn more about our team here: https://youtu.be/2sGKwFHD_Lg .
Located in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, Little Rock is a culturally diverse city with the friendliness of the South. The area offers affordable housing, quality school options, a mild climate, excellent cultural and artistic venues along with numerous outdoor recreational opportunities. With population exceeding 700,000, greater Little Rock offers the most desirable features of large cities without sacrificing ease of access and convenience.
Posted January 6, 2022