Rewarding Pediatrics Opportunities with Rainbows and Babies and Children's Hospital
Inpatient and outpatient
University Hospitals is seeking board certified/eligible pediatricians for a new division focused on newborn general pediatrics to provide care in two rural community nurseries as well as rounding in an academic quaternary nursery.
- In the community nurseries, the physician will share high-risk labor and delivery call and sick newborn assessment with 4-5 other providers as well as round on service newborns.
- Providers will be responsible as a team for ongoing staff education and training.
- Monitor quality and participate in quality improvement projects at community hospitals.
- Patient care and improvement of care will be in the context of an active newborn nursery quality network of community and academic hospital nurseries.
- Rotations at the quaternary hospital will include teaching rounds with pediatric and family medicine residents and collaboration with advanced practice professionals.
- There are opportunities for academic activity in quality improvement and clinical research, and the potential to develop outpatient clinics focused on the follow-up of vulnerable infants and breastfeeding medicine.
Posted October 25, 2019