Home Health Medical Director | $30K Sign-on bonus at OptumCare
Las Vegas, NV
Are you a visionary with a passion for program development and superior clinical quality? As the Home Health Medical Director, you will be a key player in crafting a unifying, strategic road map for the largest home health agency in Nevada. If you enjoy independence and being part of something new, our Medical Director role is unique and may be just what you are seeking.
Our Home Health agency is an integral part of the Optum Nevada healthcare delivery system with a focus on improving patient outcomes. The agency is a multi-disciplinary service that includes nursing, physical therapy, social work, dietary, speech and occupational therapy, and home health aides. Our goal is to improve our patients’ health when visiting them in their residence, typically following a hospital admission.
The Home Health Medical Director, is a member of the Post-Acute senior leadership team helping to improve the quality, cost and service levels of health care provided by the home health agency. This position works closely with other senior leaders to direct, manage and evaluate all home health practice operations. This position is 30 percent clinical patient care in the home and 70 percent administrative.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- M.D. or D.O. degree and active ABMS or AOA board certification in Family, Internal or Geriatric medicine
- Must have NV active,unrestricted medical license or ability to obtain prior to employment
- 5+ years of experience in a medical group or hospital-based practice and 1+ yrs of mgmt/leadership
- Knowledge of home health operations
- Experience in medical utilization management, medical quality assurance, and risk management in a capitated reimbursement environment
Posted May 29, 2020