Advanced Practice Provider - Transfusion Medicine
Grand Rapids, MI
Under the direction of the Medical Director provide patient and/or donor services including obtaining medical histories and conducting physical examinations, writing orders and assisting in oversight of patients receiving apheresis or cell collection procedures. Also coordinates patient care for Therapeutic Services and donor care for National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) Services. Additional activities may include assisting in coordination of research, and providing education related to the procedure the patient/donor is undergoing to patients, donors, their families, health care practitioners and the public. This position is expected to perform most responsibilities independent of direct supervision.
Major responsibilities include
- Provides and documents medical and apheresis care to patients, implementing the treatment plan developed by the professional treatment team, and acting as a consultant to hospital inpatient and outpatient medical providers while patients are being cared for at community hospitals and outreach clinics as well as in Versiti blood centers.
- Oversees apheresis and cell therapy procedures.
- Provides donor information sessions and chart reviews for the NMDP program.
- Adheres to all regulatory and quality requirements, as applicable.
- Periodic night and weekend call with Transfusion Medicine physicians.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Nursing (appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis)
- Certification by a National Certifying Board as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA)
- Current Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (APNP) certificate granted by the Michigan Board of Nursing
- Current Michigan Registered Nurse licensure required for NP role
- Ability to be credentialed at all applicable health care facilities
- Minimum two years’ clinical experience required
- Experience in triaging, evaluating and treating basic medical conditions required
- Experience with apheresis preferred
Posted June 25, 2021