Psychiatrist- $25,000 Sign on incentive- join our Santa Cruz team
Santa Cruz, CA
Come join our team dedicated to integrated care in beautiful Santa Cruz, California!
The Position: Santa Cruz County Health Services Agency Psychiatrist opportunities are available to work in:
- Outpatient child or adult mental health
- Integrated behavioral health
- Mobile crisis
- Homeless programs.
Outpatient positions in this class are responsible for:
- Conducting psychiatric examinations and evaluations
- Making psychiatric diagnosis
- Providing psychiatric treatment
- Providing medical consultation and medication management for a wide variety of health clients
Incumbents provide on-call consultations after hours and on weekends for the detention facilities and outpatient programs. Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (MHSAS) is part of the County’s Health Services Agency which is known for having many innovative programs and a strong history of effective collaboration
- Graduation from an approved medical school and satisfactory completion of a three-year psychiatric residency approved by the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Possession of a valid Physician and Surgeon's License issued by the State of California. If licensed in another state, candidates may participate in the recruitment and examination process, however, possession of a valid Physician and Surgeon’s License issued by the State of California is required at the time of appointment.
Posted March 20, 2020