Market Medical Officer, Tennessee
The Market Medical Officer, Commercial will provide insight and thought leadership to develop and maintain relationships across the healthcare ecosystem with a focus on the Employer Group Segment. This role will support business line clinical management goals as well as provide visibility and growth of the Humana brand across commercial/business clients, provider communities, nonprofit and government sectors. Ideally candidate should live in Nashville, TN, but will look at other Tennessee locations.
- Works to ensure our Humana Clinical Value Proposition is well represented throughout the business and in all venues
- Develops and maintains relationships among various healthcare stakeholders to enhance the Humana business model
- Works across multiple areas within the organization to provide medical interpretation and advise leadership on clinical strategies
- Engages our key client groups on clinical performance, facilitates discussion of clinical reporting and action planning
- Serves as key clinical support for specific employer groups and the book of business as a whole as appropriate
- Analyzes segment and market level trends, and brings innovative and engaging initiatives to our clients in the markets to drive trend mitigation strategies
- A current and unrestricted license in at least one jurisdiction and willing to obtain license, as required, for various state in assigned geography
- MD or DO degree
- Board Certified in an approved ABMS Medical Specialty
- Minimum 5 years of medical management experience within health insurance organizations including external facing responsibilities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Knowledge of managed care industry, specifically Commercial products
- Possess analytic and interpretation skills with prior experience leading to externally focused programs to improve and/or address quality, cost and social determinants of health.
Posted April 20, 2021