SNFist Physician Assistant - WellMed Medical Group
Corpus Christi, TX
- The SNFist is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification.
- Provides diagnosis, treatment and management of SNF patients according to current standards of care and accepted medical practice.
- Utilizes managed care processes for cost effective use of contracted specialists, lab, radiology and extended service providers.
- Completes medical documentation according to acceptable SNF and company standards
- Communicates and coordinates with the primary care providers to ensure prompt post SNF follow-up care.
- Conducts effective and timely communication to patients and/or families regarding treatment plans, diagnoses, prognosis and discharge planning.
- Adheres to SNF core measure requirements.
- Participates in business and patient care meetings, if needed. Attends medical group educational activities.
- Shares call with the team to provide on-call coverage 24 hours a day, Monday – Friday, offsite by telephone, responding within time frames established by Hospitalist Team Director. Call is distributed equitably among team members and is not determined by seniority and/or longevity.
- Works side by side with Case Management to ensure smooth and prompt patient post SNF follow-up.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Posted July 15, 2021