Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Cambodia – Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC)
Angkor Hospital for Children (AHC)
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- Volunteers with expertise in clinical laboratory hematology assist in optimizing the functioning of the laboratory through a systems-based approach. Volunteers provide lectures on benign hematology and pediatric oncology to trainee physicians at the AHC and help staff at AHC implement treatment for patients with leukemia at the hospital. Volunteers are needed at specific times to provide training as part of the hematology module offered to pediatric residents.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Hematology – pediatric hematology; pediatric radiology, pediatric intensive care, pediatric emergency medicine, and neonatology of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: No
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified; current license to practice; prior international health experience preferred
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic instruction, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, mentoring, protocol development, system evaluation
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019