Serve the US Army as an Ophthalmology Physician | Relocation Assistance | Student Loan Repayment


Inpatient and outpatient

Irwin Army Community Hospital (IACH) at Ft Riley is uniquely located in the rolling Flint Hills region of Northeast Kansas. Nestled between Junction City (pop. 25,000) and Manhattan (pop. 57,000), the local area has an abundance of outdoor activities where you with unlimited opportunities to fish, hike, swim, and explore!


  • Provide examination, diagnosis, and treatment by surgical and conservative means for diseases and injuries of the eye.
  • Responsible for the evaluation, work-up and preparation of ophthalmology patients for Surgery.
  • Perform general ophthalmologist duties as directed by the Chief, Ophthalmology Service.
  • Prepare and maintain outpatient, inpatient and operative reports in accordance with service and hospital SOPs.
  • Document in both paper and Electronic Medical Records.



Basic Requirement for Physician (Ophthalmology):

Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States.

Posted February 5, 2021