Psychiatry (Outpatient & Inpatient)
Inpatient and outpatient
The VA Medical Center, located in Martinsburg, WV, is seeking two dynamic BC/BE Psychiatrist for an Outpatient opportunity and Inpatient Opportunity.
The Psychiatrist will see patients that reside in the facility's 300 bed Mental Health Residential Treatment Program in an outpatient clinic. There are currently two psychiatrists that work in the clinic. Our Psychiatrist sees new patients in 60-minute increments and follow-up patients in 30-minute increments. This averages to 8 to 12 patients per day.
Duties consist of providing comprehensive clinical services to Veterans and their families by rounding with a multidisciplinary team on the 19 bed Acute Ward and performing general psychiatric assessment and evaluations on patients in the ED and the medical floor. A Social Worker first sees mental health patients that present in the ED. The Psychiatrist is responsible for examining the admitted patient within a 24-hour window. Two psychiatrists are currently covering the unit. Work hours are either 730A to 4p or 800p to 430p.
- The call schedule is light and is every two to three months from home.
- There are opportunities for research.
- The facility is currently working to establish a residency program.
- The administration is supportive.
- Most Psychiatrist working at Martinsburg VA lives in suburban's near Washington D.C and Maryland. The cost of living and schools are terrific in DC Suburban areas.
To learn more, contact Keith Liles National Healthcare Recruitment Consultant
Posted July 27, 2020