Director of Pediatric Epilepsy in St. Petersburg, Florida
Saint Petersburg, FL
Inpatient and outpatient
Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg, Florida seeks an experienced Pediatric Epileptologist to lead our established program. Requirements include board eligibility/certification in child neurology with fellowship training in epilepsy or clinical neurophysiology. JHACH was recognized once again as a “Top 50 Children’s Hospital” in multiple specialties by US News & World Report (2019-2020 edition). Highlights include:
- This is an employed position with All Children’s Specialty Physicians, a growing group practice that includes more than 200 physicians.
- The practice is limited to the evaluation of intractable epilepsy for advanced procedures such as epilepsy surgery, vagal nerve stimulation, ketogenic diet, complex medication management and clinical trials. We have an active epilepsy surgery program (average of 15 cases/year) supported by the largest team of pediatric neurosurgeons in Florida. Members of our team utilize state-of-the-art technology including the robotic ROSA device.
- As members of the Johns Hopkins All Children’s Institute for Brain Protection Sciences, our pediatric neurologists also regularly draw upon the expertise of specialists in neurosurgery, neuroimaging, neuro-oncology and neuropathology.
- Faculty members consistently participate in the education of Neurology and Pediatrics residents and our new Neuro-Oncology fellowship provides faculty with additional opportunities for teaching and research.
- Qualified candidates may be eligible for an academic appointment at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Competitive salary and exceptional benefits package.
- The Tampa-St. Petersburg area offers abundant cultural and recreational activities, national sports venues, excellent schools and an affordable cost of living. We are centrally located to many of Florida’s amenities, only minutes from beautiful gulf beaches, 90 minutes from Orlando and four hours from Miami.
Posted January 23, 2020