Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgeon
Des Moines, IA
Ability to obtain an Iowa state license is required. Applicant must have completed an ASTS fellowship and be Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery.
The Iowa Clinic is one of the largest physician-owned and governed, professionally managed multi-specialty clinics in the Midwest. Our General Surgery Department is currently seeking a full-time Abdominal Transplant and Hepatobiliary Surgeon to provide services at Iowa Methodist Medical Center. Located in Des Moines, Iowa on a 42-acre campus, Iowa Methodist is a 370 staffed bed Level I Trauma Center.
Why Choose the General Surgery Department at The Iowa Clinic, P.C.?
- Central Iowa's only Transplant Center
- High transplant rate and shortest wait time in the country
- Perform adult and pediatric kidney transplant surgeries -- to include transplant nephrectomy, laparoscopic living donor nephrectomy, hepatobiliary surgery, and general surgery in transplant candidates
- High volume robotic surgery program -- to include robotic assisted liver and pancreas cancer surgeries and robotic kidney transplants
- Responsibilities include pre-transplant management and assessment for transplant, post-transplant care, and immunosuppression management
- Participate in strategic planning for continued growth of the program, quality assurance, and performance improvement
- Among Wellmark's 18 Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), we are in the top three in the state in terms of Wellmark's Value Index Score (VIS), a measure of quality and outcomes
- In 2017 and 2018, achieved a perfect 100% MIPS score; in 2018, ranked as the #1 lowest beneficiary cost ACO in the country
- Physician Engagement in 94th percentile per Press Ganey's 2020 Engagement Survey
- Large referral base within clinic of over 260 multi-specialty providers that serve a population area of 1.3 million
Posted July 12, 2021