Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Peru – Catholic University of Santa Maria
Catholic University of Santa Maria
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- HVO volunteers will work with students, residents and clinicians at Catholic University (CU) and its partner hospital, Carlos Alberto Sequin Escobedo Hospital, to improve their knowledge in the study, diagnosis, and management of hematologic disease and improve their care of patients diagnosed with hematologic disease.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Hematology – all topics
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year fellows accepted if paired with an appropriate preceptor.
- Qualifications: Board-certified in hematology and/or blood banking (clinicians or lab-based scientists); individuals with PhD must be certified in hematopathology or pathology with demonstrated experience in hematopathology; current license to practice (active or retired) for clinical training; retired without current license can provide didactic training; previous international experience recommended
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic instruction, education material development, faculty/staff training, grand rounds, formal lecturing, mentoring, protocol development
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019