Internal Medicine Leadership Opportunity in Flushing, Queens, New York
Full-Time Chief of Internal Medicine, Queens
Reports To: Deputy Chief Medical Officer
136-26 37th Avenue Flushing, New York, 11354 United States
- Oversees clinical care of the Internal Medicine service, Queens
- Oversees clinicians, including recruitment, retention,training and mentoring
- Supervises directly or indirectly mid-level clinicians (e.g. nurse practitioners, physician assistants)
- Oversees nursing and care management of the service
- Collaborates with the Unit Manager in practice administration and improvement
- Oversees Internal Medicine quality assurance, patient safety, and risk management plan and program including peer review, quality improvement, clinical quality measures and patient satisfaction.
- Sets standards, protocols, and expectations for clinical care in collaboration with the Chief of Internal Medicine, Manhattan
- Liaison with local hospitals and providers serving health center patients.
- Assists expansion of services by participating in community outreach
- Authors and participates in original research and grants as interested
- Plans and develops Internal Medicine programs guided by mission and strategic plan
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited medical school and licensed to practice in New York State
- Board certified
- 3-5 years of clinical and administrative experience
- Proficiency in Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean or Spanish is helpful, but not required
Please contact Annie Ma, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Posted April 6, 2021