Director, Neuromuscular Medicine
Los Angeles, CA
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is conducting a national search for a Director, Neuromuscular Medicine who will lead our Neuromuscular Division faculty and supervise the Electromyography (EMG) laboratory director. The new director will work in collaboration with the Department Chair on the strategy and operational functions of the program and its basic laboratory. The director will be accountable for the quality of research, clinical practice, teaching, policy and procedure development and performance improvement in the neuromuscular program. Key responsibilities include:
- Attend ALS multidisciplinary clinic and Neuromuscular subspecialty clinics. Maintain MDA/ALS certified center status. Oversee EMG lab director regarding activities related to patient care and academics. Facilitate the development of policies and procedures for the experimental and standard treatment and care of patients with neuromuscular disorders.
- Neuromuscular Medicine Fellowship program (ACGME accredited): co-direct the LA Combined Neuromuscular Fellowship, a collaboration between Cedars-Sinai, UCLA, the West LA VA, and Olive View to train neuromuscular medicine fellows. Supervise trainees in Clinics, inpatient consult, muscle biopsy reading, neurophysiology, and lead group meetings.
- Maintain an active basic and/or clinical research program in neuromuscular medicine supported by extramural funding. Obtain national and international recognition for basic science and/or clinical contributions, as recognized by publications, invited lectures, visiting scholars, and fellows trained. Maintain association with NEALS, WALS clinical trial organizations.
Medical Degree from an accredited medical school
- Board Certification in Neurology, and Neuromuscular Medicine or Neurophysiology
- Unrestricted California license as a physician
- A published author of peer reviewed articles, with ability to serve as principal or co-investigator
Posted August 25, 2021