Pediatrician - Ketchikan, Alaska : Practice in one of the Most Beautiful Places in the World
PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center
Just a few of the great things about Ketchikan: Practice Highlights
- Housing with world class views! Ketchikan has some amazing housing deals, and no matter where you live there the views are sure to be extraordinary.
- The people of Ketchikan are warm, engaged and welcoming. Those who are new to Ketchikan are amazed at how easy it is to get involved in the community, and in the help they find getting settled in.
- It’s the “Salmon Capital of the World.” Huge runs of salmon migrate from the ocean in to the local waters. Come experience world class fishing and catch a 30lb King Salmon on your lunch break!
- Kayak the local waters and enjoy some of the most scenic views in the world. Don’t forget to make your way to the seven state parks on the island, too!
- Art and Culture: Home to a diverse population of artists who captures Alaska’s beauty and cultural attributes. You’ll also find frequent theater and musical performances all year long!
- Enjoy incredible seafood cuisine: Not only is the salmon fresh, restaurants serve up some of the best halibut, crab, shrimp, oysters and clams- all of which are locally sourced.
- Schools in Ketchikan are top notch. The city offers educational alternatives with two charter schools and an alternative high school. The island also has a University of Alaska Southeast campus.
- Great access to the lower 48! Just a 90 minute flight from Seattle, with many direct flights daily.
- Monday-Friday clinic, average of 16 PPD
- Work with 2 other physicians and a high ratio of medical support staff
- EPIC EMR
- Primarily outpatient work with some inpatient call duties
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on medical mission teams in El Salvador
- Student Loan repayment up to $200,000
Posted July 16, 2021