Nurse Practitioner Home Based Care - Oshkosh/Green Bay, WI
$40,000 Student Loan Repayment Or $20,000 Sign-on Bonus For Individuals Who Have Not Previously Participated In This Program
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Works as a provider member within the HBMC interdisciplinary team in the direct delivery of home-based medical care of a population within an assigned geography. Dedicated to improving the health and well- being of patients, this position collaborates with the PCP, HBMC interdisciplinary teammates and consultants, and as needed, the health plan Medical Director and other health professionals, to develop and carry out patients’ goals of care in all phases of the patient journey.
This is a Monday-Friday, days position with some rotating on call responsibilities. In this position you will be in the home setting traveling throughout Fond du Lac, Calumet, Brown and Winnebago Counties, WI.
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state
Certified Nurse Practitioner through a national board
- For NP's: Graduate of an accredited master's degree in Nursing (MSN) program or doctor of nursing practice (DNP) program and board certified through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners (AG AC NP), Adult/Family or Gerontology Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), with preferred certification as ANP, FNP, GNP
- F's: Graduate of an accredited degree program and currently board certified by the National Commission on Certification of (NCCPA)
- Proven ability to obtain DEA licensure/prescriptive authority post-hire in states where applicable
- Proven ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the presence of pets or individuals who are tobacco users
- Proven ability to lift a 30 pound bag in and out of car and to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- Experience in Gerontology, Cardiology, Internal Medicine or Endocrinology
- 1+ years of hands-on post grad experience with long-term care, short-stay transitional setting care, and/or assisted living
- Home care or home visit experience
- Understanding of Advance Illness and end of life discussions
- Proven excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate with seniors and their families
- Proven computer literate and able to navigate the internet
Access to Outdoor Activities
Access to Parks
Cost of Living
Crime and Safety
Median Home Value
Posted February 20, 2024