Hematology Oncology Opportunity in a One of a Kind Iowa City
A hospital in Iowa is seeking a Hematology/Oncology Physician to provide quality patient care for a Locum Tenens assignment.
About the Job:
- Coverage Needed: 3 days per week
- Schedule/Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Medical Setting: Mix of Inpatient and Outpatient
- Call Requirements : Shared throughout the week with other MDs including weekend and Holiday coverage (6:00 AM - 6:00 AM)
- Volume: 12-15
- Patient Ages: Adult and Geriatric
- Procedures: Required Procedures: Bone Marrow Biopsy and Aspirate procedures Required Duties: Participation on a Tumor Board, Orders Tests, Orders Images, Prescribes
- Support Staff: Nurse oncologist (will administer Chemo) | Need total of 4.0 FTE MD- currently 1.0 FTE perm | APPs Provide Coverage: 4.9 FTEs
- EMR/Charting: Mosaiq, transitioning to Epic in 2024
- Board Certification Requirements: Board Certified; Board Eligible within 5 years
- Certifications Needed: BLS
About the Location:
- Located in the heart of the Midwest, Mason City offers award-winning attractions, one-of-a-kind shops, eateries, and fabulous shopping – all blended with rich history and stunning architecture.
We take care of your malpractice insurance, and pay on a WEEKLY basis.
Please reference job # JN -012021-23849
Posted January 26, 2021