Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Costa Rica – San Juan de Dios Hospital, Hospital Rafael Ángel Calderón Guardia and Mexico Hospital
San Juan de Dios Hospital, Hospital Rafael Ángel Calderón Guardia and Mexico Hospital
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- HVO volunteers will provide training to residents through didactic training, ward rounds, and bedside training, as well as educate residents through lectures on various topics chosen in partnership with on-site personnel. Volunteers will also work with faculty to improve teaching skills, provide guidance and mentoring to residency program directors, and guide both residents and hospital staff in clinical investigation projects and biostatistics research. Volunteers may work at more than one hospital during their assignment.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Internal medicine – all topics; endocrinology (diabetes), cardiology, neurology, infectious disease, rheumatology, gastroenterology & pulmonology of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: No
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified academicians; current license to practice (active or retired); sub-specialists needed; experienced volunteers preferred; fluency in Spanish required
- Activities: Case presentations, continuing education, clinical training, didactic instruction, education material development, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, grand rounds, mentoring, research advising
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019