Physician - OptumServe - Veteran Compensation Exams - Remote/Travel - US
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans. By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone. There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physician Medical Disability Examiner to join our growing team! Responsibilities include evaluating and conducting exams for Medical Disability claims for Veteran’s.
- Licensed MD or DO
- Current and unrestricted state license
- Experience with VA Compensation and Pension disability evaluations with a knowledge of VA quality and timeliness measures
- Ability to obtain licensure based on business needs. This may include a compact license (Interstate Medical Licensure Compact) ensuring compliance with that state’s existing Medical Practice Act
- Accredited Board Certification/Board Eligible (BC/BE)
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy as well as the ability to demonstrate organizational skills and multi-tasking
- Available to travel 50% or more for monthly travel assignments
- Ability to work remotely when not traveling to complete ACE and IMO exams or other duties as assigned
- Certified VA Compensation and Pension Examiner
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Experience with Department of Veterans Affairs
- Military and/or veteran healthcare experience
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington residents is $256,997 to $364,843 annually. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Access to Outdoor Activities
Median Home Value
Posted February 26, 2024