AbsoluteCare is coming to New Orleans
New Orleans, LA
Care Beyond Medicine
AbsoluteCare is designed to care for society's most chronic complex community based patients. AbsoluteCare providers put the principles of team-based care and population health management into action for our medically complex and socially vulnerable members. Our providers have experience treating patients with multiple chronic diseases and truly believe in the value of a team-oriented Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model.
This role is community-based, focusing on providing both urgent and primary care to our members where they live. Working in partnership with the member’s primary care provider and interdisciplinary team, the community-based NP is responsible for
- Patients recently discharged from the hospital and ensuring a smooth transition of care to prevent readmissions,
- Members who have urgent clinical needs and addressing them so they can avoid a trip to the Emergency Room
- Chronic disease management and preventive care in-conjunction with the center-based primary care team
- Same day/next day or urgent appointments for patients from home or discharged from the hospital/ER/skilled nursing facility in need of intensified physician or case management/social work services.
- Educating patients regarding their chronic diseases and healthy choices.
- Practice evidenced based medicine in accordance with the PCMH model.
- Tracking and achieving specified quality metric goals.
- Family Nurse Practitioner; licensed in Louisiana
- DEA license and BLS certification
- 2 years experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an outpatient primary care setting
- Success working as part of a multidisciplinary team; excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with Medicare/Medicaid patient population
- Understand PCMH model of care as it pertains to specialist care
- Population health management; NCQA PCMH model
- Psycho-socially and medically complex patients
- DEA with x waiver
Posted June 15, 2021