Chief of Psychiatry - $25,000 Sign on incentive -join our Santa Cruz team
Santa Cruz, CA
Inpatient and outpatient
Come join our team dedicated to integrated care in beautiful Santa Cruz, California!
Santa Cruz Behavioral and Substance Use Services is seeking a Chief of Psychiatry for an innovative, multidisciplinary system of behavioral health care with strong inter-divisional and departmental collaborations with Health, Public Health, Department of Social Services, Probation Department and other community partners.
We are committed to integrated care that addresses behavioral health, substance use and complex co-occurring conditions within a wellness and recovery framework and sensitive to the varied socioeconomic issues confronting the individuals we serve.
The Chief position reports to the Director of Behavioral Health and Substance Use Services (Behavioral Health Division) and is part of the executive team responsible for the appropriate and effective delivery of care to Medi-Cal, Medi-Medi, and Low Income Health Plan beneficiaries as well as low income, uninsured residents of the county.
The Chief provides direct oversight and direction to members of the Medical Staff, which is comprised of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, nursing staff and medical assistants. Duties include:
- Supervision of medical staff
- Participation in program planning and evaluation
- Liaison with other health professionals in both the public and private sector, and education of community members on issues related to Behavioral Health
- The Chief provides up to 10 hours per week of direct clinical care.
- Graduation from an approved medical school and satisfactory completion of a three-year psychiatric residency approved by the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association; and five (5) years of experience in the field of public mental health or mental health administration.
Posted March 20, 2020