Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Uganda – Mulago Hospital of Makerere University
Mulago Hospital of Makerere University
Health Volunteers Overseas
Inpatient and outpatient
- Volunteers provide training for the faculty in the Department of Medicine. Bedside teaching rounds, mentoring trainees on outpatient rounds, lectures for faculty and medical students are aspects of the program. This project offers an ideal opportunity for both generalists and sub-specialists.
- Assignment: 1 month
- Teaching Topics: Internal medicine – all topics
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: Final year residents accepted if paired with an appropriate preceptor.
- Qualifications: Board eligible/certified in internal medicine; clinical teaching experience and/or several years of clinical practice preferred
- Activities: Case presentations, clinical training, continuing education, didactic instruction, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, grand rounds, mentoring
- Housing: Housing provided for a reasonable fee.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted December 17, 2019