Geriatric Medical Director - Make a Difference in TX
San Antonio, TX
USMD Hospital at Arlington
OptumCare, a part of Optum
You can make a difference in serving our Medicare, Medicaid and commercial members and plan sponsors. Be part of changing the way health care is delivered.
We are looking for a Dual Special Needs Program Medical Director to join our WellMed medical team in the San Antonio office. This requisition is part of the comprehensive investment necessary for the Texas DSNP Risk Transfer population. The investments are focused on the delivery of commitments, as well as completely and accurately capturing the patient diagnosis and assist OptumCare member servicing goals. This position is needed to support department work for full risk/full delegation.
• Work to improve quality and promote evidence-based medicine
• Provide information on quality and efficiency to doctors, patients and customers to inform care choices and drive improvement
• Covering both the SNP and Disease Management programs.
• The Medical Director is engaged in day-to-day management of the program, continuous development and refinement of assessments, and development of other clinical tools and processes.
• Directly oversees the Patient Care Conferences / Interdisciplinary Care Plan meetings for all of the SNP teams and supported markets. Providers clinical direction and training to SNP program staff, and consults with other medical directors and PCPs about SNP patients and processes.
• Develops and implements strategies to integrate the Disease Management program with the SNP program to achieve CMS Population Health objectives.
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services.
About OptumCare, a part of Optum
OptumCare, a part of the Optum family of businesses employs thousands of Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Physicians and Medical Directors nationwide. Join us and see how we are directly impacting the way care is delivered. Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Posted October 9, 2019