Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Costa Rica – University of Costa Rica
University of Costa Rica
Health Volunteers Overseas
- Volunteers assist in improving the academic dermatologic residency program through week long concentrated courses on various dermatologic topics. The volunteer schedule includes one to two hours of lecture time per day, attending ward rounds, and observing in clinic.
- Assignment: 1-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Dermatology – all topics
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: No
- Qualifications: Board certified or eligible and hold a current license to practice dermatology in the United States or Canada (active or retired). International members of AAD (those who reside outside the US or Canada and have board certification equivalent to that of the American Board of Dermatology or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada) may serve as volunteers at the discretion of the HVO project director
- Activities: Curriculum development, education material development, formal lecturing, grand rounds, mentoring, research advising
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Suitable for companion/spouse; suitable for children
Posted May 27, 2021