Regional Medical Director - Exceptional Opportunity Cumberland, Maryland
Regional Leader Needed for Corizon Health in Cumberland, Maryland - Sign on Bonus Offered
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
As the Medical Director with Corizon Health at Western Correctional Institute, located in Cumberland, MD.
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in delivering services to inmates.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff. Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints, and infection control.
- Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Sponsor physician assistants in compliance with the state law for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for all physicians working at the facility(s).
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Health insurance
• 5 weeks of PTO
• 401k with matching funds
• Tuition assistance
• Mal Practice covered
• Continuing education reimbursement, and more!
Fully licensed to practice medicine in the state of employment.
- Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration.
- Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required.
- CPR certification.
Posted September 9, 2021