Nurse Practitioner - Sussex I State Prison
Job Summary: Under indirect supervision, provides independent primary care in a correctional setting to a specified population of non-emergency patients. Provides consultation and advice to others.
- Performs medical examinations and evaluations, diagnoses, treatment, follow-up consultation and health education.
- Manages patient’s overall care.
- Obtains patient histories and develops patient care treatment plans, ensuring completeness and accuracy using the POMR format.
- Supervises and/or coordinates the activities of patient care and/or support staff.
- Diagnoses and treats acute and chronic conditions.
- Prescribes medications and other treatments.
- Participates in planning programs and in developing specific health polices and procedures.
- Practices safety, environmental and/or infection control methods.
- Will adhere to Armor’s Standards of Professional Conduct, and will incorporate and/or be supportive of Armor’s four core FISH! Philosophies – i.e. Play, Be There, Make Their Day and Choose Your Attitude.
- Respond to requests from Security Staff as well as Armor Staff in accordance with Armor and Facility Guidelines. This includes following the rules and regulations for employee conduct/behavior and chain of command set forth by the command staff at all times while working within the detention/correctional facility.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Posted February 7, 2020