Acclaim Multi-Specialty Group, Inc.
Physician - Director of Cardiology in DFW
Fort Worth, TX
John Peter Smith Hospital
Reporting to the Vice Chief. The Director of Cardiology will provide vision, leadership, and innovation to the Division of Cardiology Services and is responsible for the divisions overall clinical, academic, research, and administrative activities. The Director will oversee and work closely with the Cardiology Lead Physicians, Operational Partners, and the division’s team of providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Clinical Performance
- Assigns clinical coverage to ensure timely access for patients and their consulting physicians in the inpatient and ambulatory setting, keeping with hospital expectations. This will include participation in outpatient clinics, call coverage, inpatient rotations, inpatient rounds, and grand rounds.
- Oversees the distribution of clinical work in a transparent, reliable model to divisional faculty to ensure clinical coverage needs are met.
- Serves as liaison with physicians/providers as necessary to achieve high clinical standards of services and patient-centric care.
- Communicates what is needed to achieve physician/provider integration into clinical activities.
- Communicates needs and progress toward continuously improving the performance of clinical activities.
2. People Performance
- Conducts leadership rounding and hosts monthly department specialty meetings.
- Provide strong, effective, and diplomatic communication to team members at all levels to inspire and motivate high performance outcomes.
- Participates in provider annual performance appraisals.
- Communicates leadership needs or problems involving team dynamics or behaviors to achieve an efficient, consistent, and mutually respectful environment of care.
- Monitors for physicians/providers who are not meeting practice, productivity, quality, or behavioral standards and communicates with Leadership.
- Participates with Leadership in searches for new or replacement positions within the Department in partnership with Acclaim recruiting.
3. Academic & Educational Activities
- Supports the education and professional development of medical students, residents, fellows, and other health care learners, providing appropriate and timely mentoring either personally or through senior Departmental faculty.
4. Financial Performance & Growth Strategies
- Develop and implement short- and long-term goals to expand clinical services.
- Estimates future personnel, equipment, procedural, and practice needs.
- Participate in strategic planning to develop practices that achieve specific objectives and resolution of unfavorable performance variances.
- Grows the program through enhancing patient access and building strong relationships within the referral community.
5. Quality and Risk
- Facilitates the OPPE process to identify performance trends that present opportunities for improvement within the department.
- Provides Quality Action plan facilitation throughout the department with the assistance of leadership.
- Along with Vice Chief, may monitor metrics for patient and provider quality and satisfaction.
- Along with Vice Chief, may monitor for compliance with directives of the federal and state agencies that may affect the clinic/clinical area and or Department.
- Assists Vice Chief in communicating to physicians/providers patient care policies, procedures, and standards in collaboration with Network personnel and Executive Leadership.
About Acclaim Multi-Specialty Group, Inc.
Acclaim Multi-Specialty Group is a multispecialty medical practice group comprised of over 500 providers serving Tarrant County's JPS Health Network in specialties ranging from primary care to general surgery and trauma.
At Acclaim Multi-Specialty, patients are our number one priority. Acclaim Multi-Specialty Group was designed to align clinical providers with a common goal of providing the best and most affordable care for our patients.
We are committed to improving population health through patient-centered practices, aligned to health outcomes, access to primary and specialty care, medical and operational efficiencies, innovative programs, and cutting-edge research to help our community get well and stay well.
As the county hospital system, JPS has been serving the residents of Tarrant County for over 100 years. In addition to providing great care, JPS is also an urban teaching hospital with a long history of training physicians and medical students.
The hospital is located in the heart of The Magnolia Village and Medical District of Fort Worth, the 13th-largest city in the U.S. and one of “America’s Most Livable Communities.” We have a thriving center of culture, commerce, the Historic Stockyards, remarkable museums, a vibrant and clean downtown area, Botanical Gardens and great annual events!
Access to Parks
Access to Restaurants
Cost of Living
Access to Outdoor Activities
Median Home Value
Posted January 23, 2024