Senior Medical Director/Hospice & Palliative Care Physician
Base Salary - $250,000
This organization makes a difference every day to patients and families coping with end of life illness in creating a center of excellence in hospice care. They bring together an interdisciplinary team of caring professionals who care for the physical, psycho-social, spiritual, and bereavement needs of our patients. From highly trained Physicians to skilled Nurse Case Managers, to our Supportive Care team and our amazing Volunteers, the team is here for our patients 24 hours.
- A practice where you can use your compassion, skills & education
- $250,000 Base Salary
- 50% Clinical – 50% Administration
- Flexible Schedules – Quality of Life
- EMR – Homecare / Homebase
- Team – Physician, Nurse, Social Worker, Chaplain & Music Therapist
- Comprehensive Medical Benefits – Malpractice Insurance – PTO - Retirement plan – 401k
- Position is not J1 or H1B visa eligible
Medical Director Responsibilities:
- Acting as a medical leader for the Maryland program
- An active participant of the program’s leadership team
- Coordinating closely with the head of clinical services
- Lead mentor and manage the physician group to be full member of the care delivery team
- Recruit, Interview and Orient all new team members
- Participate in community outreach activities
- Review clinical material of referring physicians to document basic disease process, drug regimen and assessment of the patient's health and prognosis at the time of admission
- Assist in developing the plan of care for each patient/family in coordination with the attending physician and the Interdisciplinary team
- Review the active medical and/or palliative care provided in the home or inpatient setting
- Act as a consultant to the patient's physician and other members of the hospice team. Act as the liaison between the patient's attending physician and the Interdisciplinary team and helps resolve conflicting care situations.
- Participate in making decisions regarding admission to hospice home care or inpatient care in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team
- Certify, in conjunction with the attending physician, that the patient's life expectancy is not expected to exceed six months. Also, recertifies limited life expectancy at appropriate intervals.
- Attend and actively participate in Interdisciplinary Team meetings
- Maintain a regular schedule of participation in all components of the hospice care program to which assigned. Assure 24/7 availability of physician coverage for routine and emergency situations arrange coverage when unavailable with a two-week notice provided to the Medical Director for planned absences.
- Participate in establishing written guidelines for symptom control, pain, nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms
- Assist in developing opportunities to conduct in-service presentations and participate in educational programs for staff and volunteers, in addition to palliation and management of the terminal illness and related conditions
- Physician will meet the general medical needs of the patients to the extent that these needs are not met by the attending physician
- Attend and actively participate inpatient/family care conferences when requested to do so by the Executive Director or Designee
- Act as a medical liaison with other physicians in the community
Job ID: JN -122019-21423