Adolescent Medicine Chief Sought for One of Nation's Largest Children's Hospitals
Little Rock, AR
Arkansas Children's Hospital
· Faculty appointment at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
· Opportunity is ideal for a mid-career candidate with a vision to create a dynamic adolescent medicine program at Arkansas Children’s Hospital with subspecialty care including eating disorders and reproductive health.
· Existing resources with strong community support ready to be mobilized.
· Competitive salary and benefits package along with robust faculty mentoring program and multiple available tracks for promotion and/or tenure.
· Ample opportunity to participate in and create collaborative multidisciplinary clinics.
· Active involvement in educating medical students, residents, fellows, and students with additional opportunity for leadership, educational outreach, and clinical research.
· Partnership with established team to create exceptional work-life balance
· Supportive environment for clinical research and innovation, including the support of a comprehensive research institute on-site.
PRACTICE IS BASED AT ARKANSAS CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL:
• Only pediatric health system in Arkansas. With a population of over 3 million, ACH is the major pediatric referral center for Arkansas.
• As one of the largest children’s hospitals in the country, ACH spans 36 city blocks and includes a 336-bed hospital, 4 intensive care units, a research institute, and a USDA-ARS nutrition center.
• Focused on excellence in child health, ACH is a MAGNET hospital, a level 1 children’s surgery center, and is ranked in 4 specialties by US News and World Report.
• Little Rock metro area has a population range of 740,000
• Thriving community with many neighborhood options to suit a variety of lifestyles with excellent public and private school options.
• Large enough to be culturally diverse and small enough to encourage a feeling of community.
About Arkansas Children's
We, at Arkansas Children’s, know that children aren’t little adults, and we’re creating innovative ways to care for them – from designing kid-savvy spaces where they enjoy receiving treatment to adapting the most rigorous safety standards to protect them and ensure they reach their potential. Our expert team is specially trained to deliver excellent care to seriously ill and critically injured children. Arkansas Children’s serves as the clinical and teaching affiliate for the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences. Our promise: Unprecedented child health, defined and delivered.
Arkansas Children’s is a premier health care system with a 336-bed hospital in the state’s capital city and a second 24-bed hospital and campus in northwest Arkansas. Arkansas Children's Hospital is among the largest children's hospitals in the United States and is the only tertiary care facility for children in the state of Arkansas. ACH is ranked in 5 specialties by US News & World Report in addition to being a MAGNET-recognized hospital, a level 1 pediatric surgery center, and a center of excellence in pediatric sedation. ACH was also voted Best Place to Work in Arkansas for 2019 and 2020. Learn more about our team here: https://youtu.be/2sGKwFHD_Lg .
Located in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains, Little Rock is a culturally diverse city with the friendliness of the South. The area offers affordable housing, quality school options, a mild climate, excellent cultural and artistic venues along with numerous outdoor recreational opportunities. With population exceeding 700,000, greater Little Rock offers the most desirable features of large cities without sacrificing ease of access and convenience.
Posted August 17, 2021