Volunteer Teaching Opportunity – Haiti – Hôpital Albert Schweitzer (HAS)
Hôpital Albert Schweitzer (HAS)
Health Volunteers Overseas
- HVO volunteers will work with staff at Hôpital Albert Schweitzer (HAS) to increase surgical and clinical skills and knowledge of Ob-Gyn clinicians in vaginal surgery. Volunteers will also work with HAS staff to improve communication between Ob-Gyn clinicians and pediatricians at the time of delivery and to advance implementation of cesareans.
- Assignment: 2-4 weeks
- Teaching Topics: Obstetrics & gynecology – all topics; vaginal surgery, fetal monitoring, ultrasound, laparoscopy, vesicovaginal fistula repair, and cesareans of particular interest
- Opportunities for Those-in-Training: No.
- Qualifications: Board certified/eligible generalist obstetricians/gynecologists with a current US license and a minimum of 4 years experience. Academic experience is helpful, but not required.
- Activities: Clinical training, continuing education, didactic instruction, faculty/staff training, formal lecturing, mentoring
- Housing: Volunteer responsible for housing; information on nearby facilities provided.
- Companions: Not suitable for companion/spouse; not suitable for children
Posted May 27, 2021