Nurse Practitioner In-Home Visits - Austin, TX
$10,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates
This is a full-time, 40-hour position that will provide coverage to patients primarily located in Austin and other areas north and south of the city
Optum Home & Community Care, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is creating something new in health care. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home.
We’re connecting care to create a seamless health journey for patients across care settings. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a team member of our Landmark product, we help bring home-based medical care to complex, chronic patients. This life-changing work helps give older adults more days at home. We are uniting industry-leading solutions to build an integrated care model that holistically addresses an individual’s physical, mental and social needs – helping patients access and navigate care anytime and anywhere.
As a Landmark Health Provider, now a part of the Optum family, you visit your panel of patients in the comfort of their own homes.
- Manage chronic illnesses in a complex elderly population with multimorbid conditions focused on wellness, avoiding unnecessary hospitalizations and ER visits, providing patient education about disease processes, improving overall quality of care, and increasing patient satisfaction in the healthcare system
- Document timely with an added focus on closing HEDIS quality gap measures and recapturing HCCs
- Engage new patients enrolling in the program with a comprehensive geriatric focused initial assessment that includes functional eval, social and safety assessments, cognitive screening, and mental health assessments and more
- Triage, diagnose, and treat patients on an urgent basis in home with an array of equipment and medications
- Order and interpret appropriate tests including x-rays, labs, and EKGs to diagnose, prescribe and treat within the provider’s scope of practice and consistent with the standards of care
- Start treatment in the home at the point of care
- Collaborate with patient’s PCP and specialists as needed
- Graduate from an accredited NP Program and have Certification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), in addition to, an NP-focused graduate degree in a master's or doctoral nursing program
- Active and unrestricted State Nurse Practitioner license (in the state where the job is located)
- Current state RN license
- Valid DEA license or the ability to obtain one prior to employment
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Optum Motor Vehicle Safety policy
- 2+ years of clinical NP experience in IM, Geriatrics, Primary Care, ED, Urgent Care, or similar setting
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, Milliman guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems
Access to Parks
Access to Outdoor Activities
Cost of Living
Access to Restaurants
Median Home Value
Posted February 26, 2024