Urgent Care Opportunity with MedExpress in Maryland
To support and direct the highest quality urgent care services available to the public while always assuring the MedExpress mission, vision and values are met. All duties and responsibilities of the Urgent Care Physician position are to be performed in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations governing the legal scope of medical practice.
- The Physician will provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, & treatment. Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care
- Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies & procedures
- Develops & implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, and recommended referral practices
- A graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine, currently licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners and Board certified or eligible in a specialty field of medicine
- Accreditation and certification requirements and the ability to maintain all appropriate licenses
- Must have and maintain a DEA license with no restrictions
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR)
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Medicine and other such regulating bodies.
Posted September 30, 2020