Pediatric Hospitalist | Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way
Due to the growth of our practice, we are seeking a per diem BC/BE pediatrician interested in management of inpatient pediatric admissions, emergency consultations, as well as rotating shifts and responsibilities at our busy newborn nursery.
- The inpatient pediatrics floor has high turnovers, with an average mid-night census of 5 patients per day and the daytime census varies from 5 to 12 patients per day. The newborn nursery has an average census of about 3,500 a year.
- The ideal candidate should be willing to manage common pediatrics inpatient admissions as well as patients with diabetes ketoacidosis, bronchiolitis patients that requires high flow nasal cannula (HFNC) and asthmatic patients that require continuous albuterol.
- Pediatric Hospitalists are in-house 24/7; physicians work 12 hour shifts.
- Candidates will be expected to have and maintain up to date NRP and PALS.
- Stability in an organization with nearly 35 years of experience providing pediatric sub-specialty services.
- Affiliation with UPMC Pinnacle Health Harrisburg Hospital neonatologists who are available to assist with procedures and emergencies.
- PA license strongly preferred
- Board Certification required
- ASAP start
Posted November 16, 2021