Lead as a Family Practice Physician in a Growing Health Center
The position is located in Department of Primary Care located at Mcdonald Army Health Center, Fort Eustis, VA.
Work involves performing specific medical tasks, such as conducting physical exams, follow-up appointments for health issues, fitness-for-duty evaluations, medical boards, flight physicals and aeromedical summaries.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
- Takes ownership, responsibility for care of assigned panel of patients.
- Provides first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and/or adults according to current standards of care, the patient centered medical home model of care, and military policy and relevant regulations.
- Care is generally rendered in the outpatient clinic on a scheduled basis, but to meet patient needs, they may need to be walked in or added to the physician's schedule.
- Provides care, advice, and referral coordination via telephone and secure messaging as appropriate.
- Meets targets for productivity established for the department.
- Performs procedures within scope of practice and scope of care for the Department of Primary Care.
- Physician must have or willing to be trained to attain a working knowledge of computer systems which are required in the performance of daily tasks.
- US Citizenship is required
- Board certification is required in almost all cases
- Active, unencumbered medical license is required
Please inquire for more information
Posted February 5, 2021