Associate Medical Director - Transfusion Medicine
Grand Rapids, MI
Under the direction of the Transfusion Medicine (TM) Sr Medical Director at Versiti, Blood Center of Michigan (Versiti MI) this clinical position will include therapeutic apheresis leadership, assisting in blood center medical direction and TM consultation at Versiti MI, as well as participation in educational initiatives within both Versiti blood centers and their affiliated health systems. Versiti is an affiliation of blood centers in WI, IN, IL, MI, and OH, including the Versiti, Blood Research Institute which is in the Milwaukee area. The annual number of blood donations across Versiti is in excess of 600,000.
Responsibilities for this position:
- Medical Director for the Michigan Apheresis program, leading the therapeutic apheresis services which includes plasma and red cell exchange, photopheresis and stem cell collection.Assists in providing medical direction, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and accreditation agencies, for Versiti MI.
- Provides consultation with Versiti affiliated hospitals regarding TM clinical practice and laboratory cases.
- Assists with Immunohematology Reference Lab and Cell Therapy Lab reporting
- Directs and/or leads TM projects at Versiti as needed.
- Maintains a high level of professional expertise in transfusion medicine, laboratory medicine, hematology, and other areas of medical expertise with demonstration of ongoing continued medical education in the field.
- Maintains a high level of community involvement and Public Relations outreach efforts.
- M.D. or D.O. Degree
- Board certified in pathology (AP/CP or CP only), internal medicine, or pediatrics (with subspecialty boards in hematology) or Blood Banking/Transfusion Medicine (American Board of Pathology—ABP)
- Current or eligible for medical licenses in IL, WI, IN, MI and OH.
- Active controlled substances and Federal DEA licenses may be required.
Rachel Margolis, Talent Acquisition, email@example.com
Posted June 25, 2021