Pediatric Hospitalist | Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way
Mohawk Valley Health System in Utica, NY is Expanding
Pediatric Hospitalist for Updated Unit
———LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE———
Pediatrix Medical Group is seeking an energetic BC Pediatrician to help grow and expand the pediatric services, while developing protocols for pediatric patients in the unit as well as for the emergency department.
- 7 days on / 7 days off schedule that affords an ideal life-work balance. No call on days off.
- Hospitalists provide coverage for the 14 bed pediatric unit with child life services.
- Hospitalist service also provides consultations to the emergency department.
- With approximately 2000 deliveries a year, the pediatric hospitalist service covers approximately 20-30% of newborn nursery babies.
- Neonatologists are available for in-house consults and will assist with procedures and emergencies. Pediatric hospitalist service does not attend deliveries.
- Hospitalists are responsible for resident and medical student education during rounds.
- Pediatric subspecialties are available by consult from tertiary center from a nearby city. Telemedicine capabilities are also available.
- New state-of-the-art hospital with single bed pediatric floor is being developed in order to combine the two local hospitals in the community. Scheduled to be completed by 2023.
Utica is a welcoming town in upstate New York. Located on the southern edge of the Adirondack Mountains, it draws many who seek to escape dense urban living, with a diverse population including many immigrants. There are ample housing options, eclectic restaurant choices, and quaint festivals and events, the largest of which is the Boilermaker Road Race, drawing over 17,000 participants. Outdoor activities abound in the area with plentiful lakes and rivers, hiking and biking in the summer, skiing in the winter. The cost of living is 20% less than the national average.
Posted November 16, 2021