Nurse Practitioner HouseCalls - Indiana - Statewide Traveler
· Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members.
· Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management.
· Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge, judgement and current findings.
· Communicate gaps in care to member’s PCP.
· Identify referral needs.
· Identify urgent and emergent situations for proper intervention.
· Educate members on topics related to health conditions and promotion.
· Compliance with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI).
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the state of assignment or ability to obtain
- Nurse practitioner Certification from either the ANCC or AANP or ability to obtain
- DEA License or the ability to obtain
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Travel up to 85%
- Geriatric, family, or adult medicine specialty
- Effectively communicate with elderly and chronically ill patients and families
- Bi – lingual or multi – lingual
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and Health Plan benefit structures beneficial
- Comfortable working independently in a home – visit setting
- Basic knowledge of computers and cell phones
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi – task and manage schedule
- Excellent Collaboration skills and ability to communicate with care team and physicians
- Experience working with complex patient populations including multiple chronic diseases with diverse psychosocial backgrounds
- Expectation for high quality focus on the clinical model for DSNP which includes Stars and accurate coding and documentation
- Previous experience working in home health or in home setting
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
Posted December 1, 2021