Part Time Physician - 24 hours weekly
Near Saint Louis, MO
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Physician with Corizon Health at St. Louis City Justice Center located in St. Louis, Missouri:
- 24 hours weekly
- Must have hands-on CPR certification
- Visit the infirmary daily and document encounters in patient's Medical Record as assigned. Ensure Medical Record documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented and corresponds to the therapeutic order. Ensure all documentation is timed, legible and signed. Ensure all verbal or telephone orders are countersigned within seventy-two (72) hours.
- Adhere to approved formulary for therapeutic regimens before utilizing non-formulary procedures. Document pertinent observations and logical conclusions to validate need for non-formulary medication on non-formulary request form for Medical Director's approval when non-formulary medication is ordered.
- Utilize available in-house resources and personnel for treatment or resolution of identified problems before utilizing am off-site referral. Provide emergency treatment on-site and respond appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Demonstrate proper technique for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and related drug therapy.
- Serve as a resource for other professional or non-professional personnel providing instructions as needed.
Posted February 16, 2021