Pediatic Palliative Medicine Opening with Penn State Health Children's Hospital
Penn State Hershey Childrens Hospital
Penn State Health
Penn State Health Children’s Hospital Division of Complex and Palliative Care –Hummingbird Program is seeking a Pediatric Palliative Medicine Physician. We are committed to excellent clinical care and teaching.
- Multidisciplinary palliative care services for patients with serious, life-limiting conditions, from the perinatal period through adolescence/young adulthood
- Inpatient and outpatient consultations and follow-up
- Symptom management, psychological and emotional support, goals of care discussions, advance care planning, facilitation of family and medical team meetings involving complex medical decision-making
- Post-PICU sedation medication weaning for medically complex children
- Hospice referral and end-of-life medical management
- Grief support and bereavement follow-up
- Education for families and health care providers
- Debriefing and support for health care providers
What we’re seeking:
- We are seeking someone trained in Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Pediatric palliative medicine-specific training preferred.
- M.D., D.O., or foreign equivalent
- Ability to acquire a license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania BC/BE
- Someone interested in teaching.
- An interest in research would be supported but is not required.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Sign-on bonus and Relocation assistance,
- CME time and funds,
- LTD and Life insurance and so much more!
Our Hummingbird Program is a group of:
- 1 full-time physician
- 1 full-time Nurse Practitioner
- 1 full-time Nurse Coordinator (RN)
- 1 part-time Counselor (soon to be full-time)
- Excellent administrative support
Penn State Health is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
About Penn State Health
Located in Central Pennsylvania, the Penn State Health system offers inviting and safe communities to live, work, play, and learn. The surrounding neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. The area is rich in history and offers all the beautiful inspiration of the four seasons. You’ll discover numerous opportunities for day trips, local adventures, outdoor and indoor activities. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Nearby airports and Amtrak stations along with close proximity to major interstates make living in Central Pennsylvania convenient and fulfilling from both professional and personal perspectives.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Posted January 4, 2021