Leadership Position Available to Serve as a Division Chief of Pediatric Orthopaedics
Near Hershey, PA
Penn State Hershey Childrens Hospital
Penn State Health
This is an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic academic leader to directly shape the long-term vision and growth of this vibrant division. The Division Chief will also assume the role as Medical Director of the Pediatric Bone and Joint Clinic.
Ideal Candidate Must:
- Be strategically and operationally focused to guide the division to the next level through the advancement of clinical programs, education, and research.
- Understands and fosters an academic environment.
- He/She will be responsible for the growth and advancement of research, scholarly activity, and teaching excellence of the division.
- Have prior administrative and leadership experience and strong interpersonal and communication skills to complement a passion for excellence and achievement.
- Have a proven track record of education, scholarship, and/or research productivity.
- Must hold a medical doctorate degree, board-certification in Orthopaedic Surgery, and fellowship-trained in Pediatric Orthopaedics or equivalent and possess qualifications for appointment to the faculty of Penn State at the Associate Professor or Professor Level Academic Rank.
- The ability to effectively inspire, manage, mentor, and galvanize a culturally diverse faculty and staff.
- A thorough understanding of the healthcare environment, both regionally and nationally.
- Have a vision for the growth of clinical services.
- Collaborate with other leaders across Penn State College of Medicine (PSCOM), Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (MSHMC) and Penn State Health to effectively formulate strategy, build market share and allocate resources.
***Inquiries, nominations, and expressions of interest, including a curriculum vitae and cover letter, should be submitted confidentially via email to Erica Geist, Physician Recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Penn State Health
Located in Central Pennsylvania, the Penn State Health system offers inviting and safe communities to live, work, play, and learn. The surrounding neighborhoods boast a reasonable cost of living whether you prefer a more suburban setting or thriving city rich in theater, arts, and culture. The area is rich in history and offers all the beautiful inspiration of the four seasons. You’ll discover numerous opportunities for day trips, local adventures, outdoor and indoor activities. We're conveniently located within a short distance to major cities such as Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, NYC, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Nearby airports and Amtrak stations along with close proximity to major interstates make living in Central Pennsylvania convenient and fulfilling from both professional and personal perspectives.
Penn State Health is fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is unapologetically expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
Posted September 29, 2021