Home & Supportive Care Nurse Practitioner WellMed - Polk County (Lakeland area), FL
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Our home and supportive care team is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to work in a supportive care home setting. This program provides care for some of our sicker patients – patients whose needs are beyond what our care management and clinic-based resources can provide, but for whom hospice services are not appropriate.
“We’re essentially bringing back the ‘black bag’ model of care, where we provide comprehensive resources to treat the whole person.”
~ Elizabeth Glazier, MD
Our program is growing and the geography is large so we are adding a role in the area.
- The NP is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions. The NP will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases
- Orders and interprets diagnostic lab work, x-rays, EKG
- Prescribes medications and other modalities of treatment as needed to treat those conditions listed above
- Counsels patients on various disease conditions they may be treating to ensure that the patient is educated to their disease process, treatment, and expected outcomes
- Works as an integral part of a comprehensive and collaborative team in order to provide quality evidenced-based care to our patients
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Posted May 13, 2022