Trauma / Critical Care Surgeon in the Beautiful Berkshires
Inpatient and outpatient
Berkshire Health Systems is actively seeking a fellowship-trained, BC/BE Trauma/Critical Care/ACS Surgeon. The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years’ experience in Trauma/Critical Care/ACS.
Serving a diverse population in Western Massachusetts, Berkshire Medical Center, is a 302-bed community teaching hospital and a major teaching affiliate of the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Boston University School of Medicine and University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- ACGME residencies in Medicine, Surgery and Psychiatry
- Medical students and PA students from regional schools
- Clinical research involvement with our residents is encouraged and expected.
Berkshire Medical Center is both ACS-COT verified and a Massachusetts designated Level III Trauma Center
- Average volume of 1200 - 1300 trauma patients
- Over 60,000 ED patients annually
- Neurosurgical and orthopedic specialty coverage, as well a wide range of other surgical and medical specialties
- APPs support on the floor and in critical care units.
- 20 bed combined medical – surgical ICU
- Advanced imaging technology and 24/7 interventional radiology
BHS is the region's leading provider of comprehensive healthcare services including a Satellite Emergency Facility and a Critical Access Hospital.
Live, Work and Play – you can do it all here. One of the most beautiful settings in the northeast makes it easy to balance work with a healthy personal lifestyle.
- Small town New England charm alongside endless cultural opportunities of a big city
- Excellent public and private schools, world renowned music, art, theater, and museums, as well as year round recreational activities from skiing to kayaking
- Just 2 ½ hours from both Boston and New York City
Berkshire Health Systems offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package, including relocation assistance.
Posted November 15, 2019