Family Medicine Consultant Opportunity with SSM Health Express Clinic at Walgreens Florissant
Inpatient and outpatient
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Responsible for obtaining call coverage by other medical staff members for holidays, vacations and other time off.
- Responsible for the standard of practice for the patient population.
- Responsibility for maintaining a private office and all clinical decision making within the office during times of service.
- Acts as an advisor and consultant in the establishment of operational policies of the practice to include: (1) Purchasing and capital allocations; (2) Managed care plan participation; (3) Budget and practice expenses; (4) Medicare/Medicaid participation; (5) Billing and collection of professional fees; (6) Personnel management and related policies; (7) Risk management and quality assurance; and (8) Coding compliance.
- Responsible for after-hours call coverage for patients of the practice, in addition to office appointments.
- Participates in community service activities, including speaking engagements, writing and special clinical programs as reasonably requested.
- Responsible for all risk management, coding compliance and quality assurance activities and functions in and related to the practice.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SSM Health Shackelford - Co-located with a recently renovated Urgent Care Center, infusion center, and on-site lab, our Shackelford Multi-Specialty practice is conveniently accessible to residents of Florissant, Black Jack, Old Jamestown and Bridgeton. A $2,000,000 renovation in 2016 transformed this space into a sparkling home to specialists in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Orthopedics.
SSM Medical Group is a member of SSM Health Care—St. Louis and includes almost 400 primary and specialty care physicians in 65 locations, including 5 urgent care clinics and 25 Express Clinics collocated with Walgreens stores.
Posted December 14, 2020